I just replaced the tn450 toner cartridge and the LCD continues to display the message "Toner Low" / "Replace Toner" / "Toner Ended" or the Toner LED is still on or flashing.
If the machine's display or LED continues to show the Toner Low, Replace Toner or Toner Ended error indication after installing a new toner cartridge, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
1. Verify that you didn't replace a different consumable by mistake. The Brother machine has separate consumables - the toner cartridge and the drum unit. Verify you replace only the toner cartridge and not the drum unit.
2. Verify you are using a NEW Brother toner cartridge. When replacing the toner cartridge, you MUST install a brand new, unused genuine Brother toner cartridge in order to reset the toner status. Swapping toner cartridges from one machine to another or installing a partially used toner cartridge may cause this issue. Brother machines control their image quality for the most suitable print quality by monitoring toner consumption. If you install a partially used toner cartridge, your Brother machine is unable to recognise toner consumption correctly which will cause this issue. Therefore, when you replace the toner cartridge, use a brand new toner cartridge, not a partially used toner cartridge from another machine.
3. Verify you are using a GENUINE Brother toner cartridge. For optimum performance, use only new genuine Brother brand consumables which are specially formulated to ensure top print quality. Printing with non-Brother genuine toner cartridges may reduce not only the print quality but also the performance quality and life of the machine. If damage is caused to the drum unit or other parts of the machine as a result of using hp ink cartridges, any repairs required as a result will not be covered by the Brother limited warranty.
4. Verify the toner cartridge is installed correctly. If you install a new genuine Brother toner cartridge but the "Toner Low", "Replace Toner" or "Toner Ended" error indication remains, the toner cartridge may not be installed correctly. Reinstall the toner cartridge, referring to the instructions on how to replace the toner cartridge.
5. Clean the corona wire. This issue may have occurred because the corona wire has become dirty.
6. Update the firmware to the latest version. Go to the Downloads section of this website to check the latest version of the firmware. If you see the Firmware Update Tool in the Downloads section, check detail information to identify the firmware version. If the firmware version of your Brother machine is earlier than the latest version, update the firmware. Follow the installation instructions on the download page.