Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 17 mal aufgerufen
 DVD
rousutt Offline

23.10.2015 10:43
I didn't write a single line of code antworten

You can register for RS 07 Gold the event by visiting the info page on the official GDC website. Early Bird pricing, with discounts up to percent, will remain in effect until January st. Some passes have limited amounts, and with the Independent Runescape games Summit pass already sold out, interested parties should register now.For more information on GDC , visit the show's official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Tech Positech founder Cliff Harris recently made his first splash into Runescape game publishing, having previously worked on numerous of his own titles such as Gratuitous Space Battles and the Democracy series.Redshirt, created by Mitu Khandaker, has now been available for around a month, with Positech as its publisher essentially an indie studio publishing another indie's game. In this one month postmortem of the launch, and as reproduced with permission from Harris, the Positech dev discusses the ins and outs of publishing another indie developer's game.So for those who don’t know, I am primarily a game developer, but I also published a game by another indie called Redshirt. I didn't write a single line of code, as I recall, although I played it a lot, and sent a lot of emails, and filled out a lot of spreadsheets and forms. So Runescape game has been on sale a while now how has it gone so far?Well, the main thing is that Runescape game shipped! Yay! It was pretty badly behind schedule, for all sorts of reasons, and took much longer to make than expected. The good news from my point of view is that didn't really matter.I was funding Redshirt from the profits of Gratuitous Space Battles and Gratuitous Tank Battles, so I wasn't 'in debt' to fund a game that then overran, which would have been stressful. The only real downside to Runescape game shipping late from my point of view was that it clashed horrendously with the release of Democracy . This was a pain because it meant constantly context switching between promoting two different Runescape games at once, and meant I spent a lot of time staring at emails from review sites thinking 'what Runescape games am I sending them again?' which is definitely a new thing for me.I'd say that the hardest things about the publishing experience was the grey areas surrounding design and polish. I'm a bit obsessed with game polish, and this is something that happens right at the end. At that point all you want to do is ship it, and only a lot of experience allows you to sit back and go 'no, actually we should re do all these buttons again', and know that it will be worth it.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen