Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 10 mal aufgerufen
 Konzert-Tipps
mggaaaa Offline

03.02.2015 07:32
al indicated St. Louis prefer antworten

<P>Tre Mason adjusting quickly to NFL life</P><P></P><P>The former Auburn offensive lineman put on his first practice uniform helmet included with the start of the Rams' rookie minicamp Thursday, exactly a week after St. Louis made him the No. 2 overall selection in the first round of last week's NFL Draft.</P><P></P><P>"It felt weird yesterday wearing that helmet," Robinson told the Opelika Auburn News on Friday by phone from St. Louis.</P><P></P><P>"Just the fit of it, I hadn't worn (a helmet) in a while so my pad around my jaw felt kind of tight, so I just had to do a little adjusting and stuff like that."</P><P></P><P>The adjustment from college to the NFL has been a quick one for Robinson and fellow former Auburn teammate Tre Mason, who was taken in the third round last Friday by the Rams, a little more than 24 hours after Robinson was selected.</P><P></P><P>Arriving in St. Louis on Monday, the rookies have been busy the last few days, beginning with introductions on Tuesday to observing the veterans' offseason workouts on Wednesday before rookies broke out into positional groupings during practice Thursday and Friday, with weightlifting and team meetings taking up the rest of their regular 12 hour work days.</P><P></P><P>For Mason, the adjustment hasn't been as jarring. Even the studying seems easier, especially compared to the workload he had as a student athlete at Auburn.</P><P></P><P>"(The biggest surprise is) how much easier it is without classes right now," Mason said laughing. "(All the studying) is all football related. But I feel like being a student athlete in school at Auburn is way harder to manage (than professional football)."</P><P></P><P>Robinson admitted adapting to the faster pace of the game in the NFL has been difficult, even coming from the hurry up, no huddle offense that Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn employs.</P><P></P><P>"I thought transitioning from high school to college was fast, but as I got to the field today we actually got into a huddle and called a few plays it was real fast," Robinson said. "It's something that I know I have to work on and adjust to, and that just comes from studying the playbook a little more, knowing what I'm doing and that'll slow down the game."</P><P></P><P>But given the fact that Mason and Robinson are going through minicamp together has made the transition easier for both, especially since the two are roommates and holding each other accountable for getting better at the next level.</P><P></P><P>"Me and him are just sticking together and learning the ropes together, trying our best to pick up the pace with everybody else," Robinson said. "Because I feel like you're on your own, you have to study the playbook. Me and (Mason) are roommates, so at night, he might be on the phone or something and I tell him, 'Man, let's study. Let's try our best to catch up with everybody else.'"</P><P></P><P>As the Rams' top pick and the final piece of the 2012 trade with the Washington Redskins for the rights to draft Robert Griffin III, there is a lot expected of Robinson. And he understands that, especially http://www.nfljerseys2015.com/ when he sees the kind of veteran company surrounding him like All Pro tackle Jake Long, 11 year NFL veteran Scott Wells and starting quarterback Sam Bradford, who Robinson will undoubtedly be working to keep upright next season.</P><P></P><P>"I have a locker next to those guys, so as we came from walkthroughs it was cool just to sit near them in the locker room and talk to them about plays and stuff," Robinson said. "I'm trying my best to learn from those guys."</P><P></P><P>One thing neither Mason nor Robinson are worrying much about is the status of their rookie contracts. While many teams around the NFL work to quickly wrap up rookies given the predetermined contract value based on draft positioning, a Rams official indicated St. Louis prefers to take its time with contract matters and doesn't feel any need to rush the agreements.</P><P></P><P>Based on the rookie pay scale as established by the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, Robinson's contract is expected to be a four year deal worth approximately $21.284 million, including a $13.8 million signing bonus as the No. 2 overall pick.</P><P></P><P>"It's going to be pretty good," Robinson joked. "I haven't really talked to them about specific numbers, but we'll be focusing on that after this week of camp."</P><P></P><P>As the 75th overall selection, Mason is slotted to make just over $3 million over a four year deal with roughly a $637,500 signing bonus coming his way.</P><P></P><P>"I think we're coming close on it, and we'll be signing soon," Mason said.</P><P></P><P>One former Auburn player has already been locked up cheap jerseys by his new team. The Houston Texans announced Friday fullback Jay Prosch, their sixth round pick, signed a four year deal worth a reported $2.29 million, including a $78,680 signing bonus, as the 211th overall selection last Saturday.</P><P></P><P>The Kansas Chiefs have also not signed former Auburn defensive end Dee Ford, who was taken with the 23rd pick of the first round last Thursday.</P><P></P><P>Once his contract is figured out, Robinson expects his first big expenditures will be a "nice, big pickup truck" for himself and then finding his mother a nice place to live, whether that's in St. Louis or back in their hometown of Thibodaux, La.</P>

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen