Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 23 mal aufgerufen
 Kino
sixiang Offline

30.01.2015 08:50
Military Said Murdered antworten

<p>Military Said Murdered Sailor was</p><p>More details to suggest the United States Navy is not forthcoming in the case of Seaman August Provost III, the black gay sailor found brutally murdered at Camp Pendleton on June 30th. The family offers a very disturbing timeline, saying the military did not tell them this was a homicide and neglected to reveal the manner of death.</p><p>Congresswoman Sheila JacksonLee, who represents Houston and Provost's</p><p>murder. This death appears bizarre, and more facts need to beProvost's mother, Melanie Provost, said Sunday the military originally told her simply that her son had been found unconscious in the guard shack and later died. "The only way I found out my son had been shot and burned was on TV," she said. Her son had mentioned to her before he died that he was being harassed by some fellow sailors, but he handled it stoically, she said.</p><p>Jackson Lee said the incident should lead the military to be less tolerant of similar harassment. "If he was being harassed, why was the bad behavior being covered up? Why was the person still there?" Jackson Lee said. The congresswoman would like to see the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy toward gay service members lifted, but says other changes are needed to prevent discrimination of all kinds. Family members say that policy played a part in Provost's poor treatment in the Navy, however.</p><p>"Because of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' he couldn't say anything," said his niece, Keonna JohnsonJones. "He couldn't go to his superiors."</p><p>Provost was shot three times, apparently gagged and bound, and his body burned. Provost told his family he was harassed and ostracized at Pendleton for at least a year because he was gay and black. The family belives the 29yearold Provost was the victim of a hate crimeand the Navy says the torture, shooting and burning of a sailor at military base was a "random act" of violence.</p><p>The seaman was laid to rest with full military honors on Friday. Wholesale Replica Handbags </p><p>If the United States Navy will not even tell Seaman Provost's family how their son died in the line of duty, do we really believe their socalled "investigation" will yield the "truth"?</p><p>The Policy is DONT ASK and DONT TELL. Look I a 30 Year old Gay Black male. I served my country for four years before going to college. No one deserves this, but he violated the policy. He shared his sexuality and, he was out and open about it. Maybe if he had followed the policy he would be alive. No one told him to come out while a member of the armed forces. He did it on his own. No he did not deserve it, but he should have followed the law. He might be alive today.</p><p>You used "BostonBlk" in the previous post, so you going to stick with that name.</p><p>And since you inventing different screen names, you could be inventing your alleged military service, too. You don sound anything like Cassandra, Chris or any of the other fine veterans who post here. You do sound very closeted, though. And SHAME on you for saying August Provost caused his own death. smh RM</p><p>I would have very little issue with DADT if it wasn such a discriminatory policy. If the expression of sexuality was to be suppressed on all levels. But in my personal opinion, asking gay men and women to serve in the military without being able to live out WHO THEY ARE, while requesting they willing die in the battlefields is wrong. Cheap Handbags </p><p>For this military to be in such a need of soldiers, how is it at all justifiable to openly discriminate against such a large part of THIS country?</p><p>Gay men and women pay taxes, participate in all levels of government, and are as much the backbone of this country as their heterosexual counterparts. How is it at all JUSTIFIABLE to have government sanctioned discrimination against them? Where is the honer in that?</p><p>It amazes me how such an IMPERFECT nation can dictate PERFECTION to other countries around the world.</p><p>In 1999, when PFC Barry Winchell was murdered at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, the military first ignored pleas for an investigation, then determined it was a simple fight that led to Winchell death and only, after much prodding by and evidence from SLDN did the Army seriously look into the possibility of a hate crime. Cheap Bags </p><p>Whenever the military investigates itself, not surprisingly, it finds that it did nothing wrong. (And, in addition, LGBT troops are understandably reluctant to come to the military with evidence that could be helpful.) Replica Handbags </p><p>There needs to be an independent investigation, led by a group outside of the military, to collect evidence and press via the media and other venues for a fair inquiry.</p><p>Rod, I glad you dealt with RUserious, Bostonblk, or whatever he calls himself. I saw his comment before I had left to to take care of some business. I found his comment disgusting, but I didn want to get riled up and say something equally disgusting about him. He is the type of person I can stand or believe. He proves my point about closeted and DL men so effortlessly. Kudos Rod for staying on top of your blog by monitoring the comments made here. I wished that other sites would demonstrate the diligence that you do everyday. I agree with you, no one should be forced to live in the closet to serve their country. However it is the system we have. Until the policy is changed then those of who served or currently serving have to live with in those rules period. I look forward to the day when DADT is no longer law.</p><p>I look forward to a respectful exchange of ideas with you guys.</p><p>Nope, one name per customer here. And if you read this blog "for years", you know I don care if people agree with me, it about the process and being respectful. I want everyone to know who you are.</p><p>By the way I deleted your remarks about a notsocloseted entertainer that you insisted upon including in this post about about a murdered veteran. I tend to think this is a more serious story, no? RM</p><p>Rod said: If the United States Navy will not even tell Seaman Provost family how their son died in the line of duty, do we really believe their socalled "investigation" will yield the "truth"?</p><p>You can pretty much count on the military's not telling the truth if they don't think it is to their advantage unless they are FORCED to tell the truth.</p>

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen