Seahawks take over Authentic Ben Gardner Jersey top spot in NFL rankings
The power shift in the NFL swings like a pendulum, and for now that pendulum is swinging decidedly toward the NFC.
The 10 1 Seattle Seahawks are back in first in our weekly NFL power rankings, and they are not the only NFC team in the penthouse. The Saints, 9 2, are second and the red hot Panthers, 8 3, are third. The Panthers have won seven straight and are set for a showdown with the Saints in New Orleans a week from Sunday.
Coach Bill Belichick usually gets the best of Peyton Manning and he did again on Sunday night, though this time when Manning was with the Broncos instead of the Colts. Denver led the Patriots, 24 0, couldn t hold on, and lost, 34 31, in overtime in a game that could be a preview of a playoff match. Consequently, the Broncos fell from first to fourth in the rankings.
The Colts also slipped. They went on the road to Arizona, where former Colts coach Bruce http://www.nflcardinalsofficialshop.com/John_Brown_Jersey_Cardinals Arians taught them a lesson, 40 11.
The Cardinals, another NFC team, have flown into playoff contention and up the list of our power rankings. The Cardinals, 7 4, are neck and neck with the 49ers for the second NFC wildcard spot. Arizona has won four straight. The Cardinals jumped from 17th to 11th in the rankings, but they will likely have to finish with a better record than San Francisco to beat the 49ers out for a playoff spot because the Cardinals are 0 3 in the NFC West and the 49ers are 2 1. The Cardinals and 49ers meet in San Francisco on the final Sunday of the season.
The Browns, 15th in the power rankings at their highest point of the season, slipped to 25th from 21st this week. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are ranked one spot higher, even though the Browns are 4 7 and the Bucs 3 8. The difference is the Bucs are on a three game winning streak and the Browns are on a two game losing streak.
Two playoff teams from last year, the Falcons and Texans, are both 2 9 and at the bottom of the rankings. Somebody has to be last, and that dubious honor goes to the Texans for losing nine straight games.
Jeff Schudel s Week 13 power rankings:
1. Seattle Seahawks (10 1, Last week: 2): The Seahawks had the week off, but take over the top spot because the Broncos lost in overtime.
2. New Orleans Saints (9 2, LW: 3): The Saints have to keep winning to hold off the fast charging Panthers.
3. Carolina Panthers (8 3, LW: 4): Carolina s seven game winning streak is the longest current streak in the NFL.
4. Denver Broncos (9 2, LW: 1): We have been critical of the defense all year; on Sunday night the Broncos could not hold a 24 0 lead.
5. New England Patriots (8 3, LW: 7): If I could pick one quarterback to lead a fourth quarter drive while trailing, I would www.cowboysnflofficialauthentic.com/authentic-ben-gardner-jersey.html pick Tom Brady.
6. Philadelphia Eagles 9 (6 5, John Brown Cardinals Jersey LW: 8): The Eagles moved up on their bye week because the Colts and Chiefs both lost.
7. Cincinnati Bengals (7 4, LW: 9): The Bengals have a two game lead on the Ravens and Steelers, but cannot afford to relax.
8. Indianapolis Colts (7 4, LW: 5): The Colts should hang on to win the AFC South, but they have regressed from the team that played so well last year.
9. San Francisco 49ers (7 4, LW: 10): The 49ers put the brakes on a two game losing streak with a convincing win in Washington.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (9 2, LW: 6): The Chiefs looked like a fake team at 9 0 and were exposed with two straight losses.
11. Arizona Cardinals (7 4, LW: 17): Arians is working miracles in the desert. The Cardinals have won four straight to join the NFC wild card race.
12. Green Bay Packers (5 5 1, LW: 14): Playing to a rare tie prevented the Packers from moving into a crowded tie for the AFC North lead.
13. Chicago Bears (6 5, LW: 11): Coach Marc Trestman needs quarterback Jay Cutler back, but it won t be this week, he says.
14. Baltimore Ravens (5 6, LW: 16): The Ravens knocked off the Jets to help create a six way logjam at 5 6 for the second AFC wild card spot.
15. Detroit Lions (6 5, LW: 12): The Lions catch a break; they won t have to face injured Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers on Thursday.
16. Dallas Cowboys (6 5, LW: 19): The Cowboys moved into a first place tie with the Eagles by cooling off the Giants in the Meadowlands.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers (5 6, LW: 20): The Steelers have won five of seven, but must beat the Ravens in Baltimore on Thursday to prove they are for real.
18. New York Giants (4 7, LW: 13): The Giants prevent defense could not prevent the Cowboys from breaking a 21 21 tie with a field goal on the final play.
19. San Diego Chargers (5 6, LW: 22): In stunning fashion, the Chargers went into Arrowhead and won on a touchdown pass by Philip Rivers with 26 seconds left.