Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Theater
dengdai Offline

21.07.2014 08:41
she also assists on just about as many antworten

VANCOUVER -- The battle between two of the top strikers in womens soccer went decisively to Abby Wambach. cheap china jerseys . Wambach took the spotlight from Canadian star Christine Sinclair, scoring a pair of goals as the United States downed Canada 4-0 in the final of the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament. Wambach and Sinclair were tied at 129 career international goals heading into the game, with Sinclair leading the tournament with nine goals. But the Americans were able to shut down Sinclair, while Canadas defence had a hard time controlling Wambach and the United States deeper offence. Both teams had already qualified for the 2012 London Games but pride was on the line as their star forwards tried to gain ground on the all-time scorers list to close in on Mia Hamms 158 goals. With her two goals, Wambach passed American Kristine Lillys career total of 130 and moved into sole possession of second place on the all-time list. "At halftime, (forward Alex Morgan) reminded me of that actually being the case," Wambach said. "I wasnt aware. I was kind of focused in on the game. (Lilly) emailed me a couple days ago and she said to go ahead and tie me already and why dont you go ahead and beat me already. But dont make it a toe-poke, make it a nice goal." Sinclair, however, was hardly given a shot at goal all night. Oftentimes, when she came into possession of the ball, she would find herself double-teamed by American defenders. "Theyre a strong, physical team and sometimes if you take a few too many touches, youre pushed off of it," Sinclair said. "Earlier in the tournament we could afford to take those touches and we could still shield the ball." While Sinclair is known for the number of goals shes scored, she also assists on just about as many. In the first half she showed that passing ability as she put Christina Julien in alone on American goalkeeper Hope Solo. Julien missed that chance as well as another later in the half, underscoring just why the Americans are the best team in the world. "In the first half, it was 3-0 but they had four shots," said Sinclair. "Theyre clinical in front of goal and we had a couple chances and didnt score and it cost us dearly." nfl jerseys china . With that command, 20,000 roaring Philadelphia 76ers fans gave AI the standing ovation he earned by stamping himself as one of the franchises all-time greats. cheap jerseys from china . The 18-year-old Calgary product is slated to make his Major League Soccer debut, as a starter or substitute, when the Caps (12-12-9) close out their campaign, after missing the playoffs, against the visiting Colorado Rapids (14-10-9.WASHINGTON -- D.C. United midfielder Chris Pontius and defender Daniel Woolard have had off-season surgeries. The club announced that Pontius had surgery Wednesday to repair his left hamstring and sciatic nerve. He is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks. Pontius is Uniteds longest tenuured player. cheap jerseys. He had two goals and three assists in 22 MLS games this season. Woolard had surgery Friday on his left big toe. His rehab is expected to take about four to six weeks. Woolard started 27 games this season and logged the fourth most minutes on the team. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen