Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 23 mal aufgerufen
 Akustische Empfehlungen
dairamsausan Offline

04.07.2014 03:22
Seahawks' Percy antworten

Seahawks' Percy Prince Shembo Falcons Jersey Harvin leaves drama back in Minnesota

New Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin during organized team activities at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center.(Photo: Joe Nicholson, USA TODAY Sports)

Story HighlightsBefore finalizing trade for Harvin, Seahawks brass Skyped with WR to make sure fit was rightHarvin time with the Vikings was marred by run ins with head coaches and threatened holdoutsHarvin is very excited to have Russell Wilson as his new quarterbackRENTON, Wash. Percy Harvin's next reception will be the most important catch of his life.

Harvin, the Seattle Seahawks' wide receiver, will become a first time father, with his son due June 12, and Harvin is planning (with the blessing of his girlfriend and her doctor, of course) to be the one catching the child in the delivery room.

"I think it's going to be amazing," Harvin told USA TODAY Sports. "Ever since she's been pregnant, it's given me more of a sense of responsibility, as far as doing what I love to do. But I get to do it for my little man now."

NFL NEWS: Tebow to the Patriots

Could it be? Could Harvin, one of the NFL's notorious problem children, be growing up?

This is the version of Harvin the Seahawks are just getting to know, three months after Seattle pulled off the biggest trade of the offseason when it sent three draft picks including a first rounder to Minnesota to get the receiver, whose four year tenure with the Vikings was marked by nearly as many squabbles as jaw dropping plays.

Before finalizing the trade, Seattle head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider wanted to talk to Harvin face to face. An in person meeting wasn't immediately possible, so they chatted over Skype, enabling them to see Harvin's face as they asked him difficult questions.

They already knew about Harvin's Falcons Devonta Freeman Jersey talent. And they knew about his run ins with head coaches Brad Childress and Leslie Frazier, and about threatened holdouts and trade requests and contract whining. Mostly, they wanted to know if Harvin was a person they wanted in their locker room. They wanted to see if Harvin's answers meshed with the research they already had done by talking to former coaches and teammates.

PHOTOS: Percy Harvin's career in picturesPercy Harvin's career in picturesHarvin, the Seahawks said, http://www.falconsauthenticofficial.com/Devonta_Freeman_Jersey_Falcons aced the interview.

"He was very clear with what his intentions were and what had gone on there," Carroll told USA TODAY Sports. "Knowing that he's a great competitor and that he loves to play and the game is really important to him I was just trying to sense that, make sure that's still there, and that it was as we had hoped, you know? It was like it was a no brainer. It was no challenge to figure that out. It came across loud and clear."

Part of Harvin's pitch also included genuine excitement about playing with second year quarterback Russell Wilson, Schneider said.

"He was really into Russell. Around that time, Russell was organizing a bunch of guys to go to California to work out together, and that kind of blew (Harvin's) mind," Schneider said. "He thought that was really cool and was really excited about it."

By convincing Carroll and Schneider he would be the model pupil and teammate in Seattle, Harvin got exactly what he wanted: out of Minnesota, and a fat new contract that makes him one of the league's highest paid receivers, behind only Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions, Larry Fitzgerald falconsauthenticofficial.com/Prince_Shembo_Jersey_Falcons of the Arizona Cardinals and Mike Wallace of the Miami Dolphins. Harvin's deal is for $67 million over the next six years, including more than $25 million guaranteed.

With the trade, Seattle was able to add one of the NFL's most unique and dynamic receivers to an already a dangerous offense with Wilson and running back Marshawn Lynch. The Vikings were able to cut ties with a player they believed wasn't worth the headaches.

When it was all over, Harvin was surprised he ended up with a new contract while playing for a team with a real shot at being one of the best teams in the NFC this year.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen