Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 22 mal aufgerufen
 Kino
dengdai Offline

03.07.2014 07:54
I knew that if Jerry Rice was ahead of me antworten

NEW ORLEANS -- If the Hornets want to trade Chris Kaman sooner than later, perhaps leaving him in the starting lineup would help. Wholesale Jerseys Supply . In only his seventh start this season. Kaman scored a season-high 27 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, and New Orleans snapped an eight-game skid with an 86-80 victory over the Utah Jazz on Monday night. "I know what Im capable of. ... Im just trying to be positive and do the best I can with the situation," Kaman said. "I cant worry about the situation with trades. I cant worry about the situation with the organization. Its a business, so that part I have to leave alone. ... As far as the basketball goes, thats something Im capable of doing." Marco Belinelli and Gustavo Ayon each added 13 points for New Orleans, which led by as many as 20 in the third quarter before holding on for only its third victory in 26 games. Greivis Vasquez had 12 points and 10 assists. The seven-foot Kaman, who normally has played a reserve role this season, recently spent a week away from the team while the Hornets sought to trade him. When no deal developed as quickly as the club hoped, Kaman was re-activated. He started against Utah because centre Emeka Okafor was scratched shortly before tipoff with a sore left knee. Kaman himself was questionable heading into the game because of sore left ankle, which kept him out of a loss to Portland on Friday night. But he said he felt good enough after pregame warmups to play and turned in one of his most dominant performances as a Hornet, scoring on a variety of mid-range jumpers, graceful jump hooks and workman-like putbacks under the basket. "Ive shown for eight years what Im capable of doing. I dont have to do it in one game," said Kaman, acquired before this season in a multiplayer trade that sent all-star Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers. "Ive had big games like that many times and Ive proven myself in this league. This wasnt a statement. It wasnt anything like, Hey, you need to play me more, or anything like that. It was an opportunity where Emeka was hurt." Al Jefferson had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Utah, which was playing the second of back-to-back games after winning in Memphis on Sunday night. The Jazz turned the ball over 20 times, but still managed to get as close as three points in the final minute. Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin had stressed the importance of avoiding a let-down against the slumping, undermanned Hornets, and afterward felt like his message had not gotten through. "It was everything I thought it wouldnt be. We came out flat from the beginning of the ballgame and we turned the ball over," Corbin said. "We cant afford to do that. We had a great win (Sunday) night. We took a step back tonight." Derrick Favors added 14 points for Utah. Raja Bell had 11 points after making his first four shots, including three three-pointers, but played a little less than 22 minutes. Corbin appeared frustrated with his starters during a difficult third quarter and went mostly with reserves down the stretch, which almost paid off. New Orleans led 76-59 toward the middle of the fourth quarter after Kaman scored four straight points. Then, Utah began to claw back with a 13-3 run ignited by Earl Watsons jumper. Gordon Hayward added four points during the spurt, cutting New Orleans lead to 79-72 on a jumper with 3:24 left. Watson later trimmed it to 81-76 when he raced to the sidelined to grab a loose ball after Gustavo Ayon had blocked Favours underneath and threw in a 27-foot bank shot with 2:11 left. The Hornets lead was down to 83-80 on Favours putback with 21.6 seconds left, but then Utah had to start fouling. Kaman made one free throw and Trevor Ariza made two more for the final margin. "Chris Kaman was really huge tonight," Hornets coach Monty Williams said. "His scoring, his rebounding, his leadership, and talking in the huddles -- Ive never seen him do that." The Hornets dominated the third quarter, going on an 18-1 run to take a 20-point lead when Vasquezs basket made it 63-43. Kaman scored six of his points during the spurt on a pair of jumpers and a putback. Utah led 21-13 in the first quarter after a 9-0 run highlighted by Favours dunk. New Orleans responded by scoring the last seven points of the quarter, then pulled ahead with a 7-0 run to close the second quarter, with Belinellis 3 giving the Hornets a 41-36 halftime lead. Notes: Watson was called for a technical foul for arguing with officials early in the fourth quarter. ... For the second straight game, the Hornets had only nine players in uniform. In addition to Okafor, the Hornets were without G Eric Gordon (right knee bruise), G Jarrett Jack, (left knee bruise), F Carl Landry (left knee sprain) and F Jason Smith (concussion). The Jazz, by contrast, entered without a single injury. ... Utah fell to 3-8 on the road. Wholesale Jerseys US . Miamis 7-1 loss to Josh Beckett and the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night was overshadowed by the announcement team president Michael Hill made in the Dodger Stadium press box during the third inning. Hill said Marlins doctor Lee Kaplan had recommended Tommy John surgery to repair a significant tear in Fernandezs right elbow. Wholesale Jerseys From China . Investigators said Saturday the burglary happened sometime earlier in the week at Jacksons home in South Philadelphia, not far from the teams practice facility. Police say the cash and jewelry was taken from a safe.MINNEAPOLIS -- Cris Carters entry into the exclusive club in Canton will be commemorated with a bronze head-and-shoulders bust, like all of the Pro Football Hall of Fame members before him. His hands might be a more appropriate body part to feature. Over 16 seasons in the NFL, with fire and grit and flair, Carter exemplified just what a wide receiver is paid to do: catch the ball. After overcoming some well-publicized troubles in his early years, Carter became a highlight-reel fixture and unflappable performer in the 1990s for the Minnesota Vikings. He wasnt the fastest, the biggest or the most elusive of the bunch, but he made happen some of the most impossible grabs and often did so at the most opportune times. Tiptoeing both feet at the sideline and successfully pulling in a pass in the split-second before falling out of bounds. Leaping to his feet after being whistled down and sticking his arm straight out to signal a first down. Jumping in front of two defenders to corral a ball in the end zone with his fingertips. Those are the images of what set Carter apart. After missing the cut five times for the Hall of Fame, Carter was finally voted in. Hell be inducted on Saturday with this years group about a 3 1/2-hour drive from where he grew up in Middletown, Ohio. "I catch everything that the normal people catch and I catch a few things that no one catches. Thats what I used to say to myself before every game," Carter said recently. Four of his former Vikings teammates, Chris Doleman, John Randle, Randall McDaniel and Gary Zimmerman, preceded Carter with enshrinement over the past five years. Carter retired after the 2002 season behind only Jerry Rice for all-time receptions and touchdowns. Hes fourth in those categories now, passed by Tony Gonzalez and Marvin Harrison in catches and Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in scores. Wherever he landed on those lists was always going to be a product of his fierce determination. Raised in poverty in a four-room apartment with a single mother and five siblings, Carter couldve easily strayed from his Hall of Fame track. He was ineligible for his senior year at Ohio State because of a federal investigation for organized crime that revealed he signed early with an agent. He forced Philadelphia coach Buddy Ryan, who famously said of Carter, "All he does is catch touchdowns," to cut him after the 1989 season. Then, Carters abuse of alcohol and drugs were destroying his career, let alone his life. But with arguably the best invvestment in franchise history, the Vikings paid the $100 waiver fee to claim Carter. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping. Ten years later, he had been picked for eight Pro Bowls, made the playoffs eight times and, in the latter part of his career, helped lead one of the most potent passing games in the league. The Vikings never reached the Super Bowl with him but were NFC runners up twice in that span. Carter hatched an off-season conditioning plan with his personal trainer to fuel all those accomplishments, using Rice, the San Francisco star, as his motivation and a time-zone advantage as his reward. The addictive behaviour that fueled his chemical dependency worked in his favour on the field. "By the time Jerry Rice woke up I was done with my work," Carter said, adding: "I knew that if Jerry Rice was ahead of me, that day I had caught up to him a little bit." That drive to be the best also produced a brash personality and the potential for conflict with opponents. There are many memorable video clips, too, of Carter shouting at a teammate or a coach. Moss thrived under Carters mentorship as a rookie but later grew tired of him and blasted him on Twitter last year after critical comments Carter made as an ESPN analyst of Mosss work ethic. Carter later wrote in his autobiography "Going Deep," that the two are back on good terms. "If you didnt do what you were supposed to do on the field he really held you accountable," former Vikings wide receiver Jake Reed said in a phone interview. "Some guys couldnt deal with it because he was so strong of a personality. Some guys responded to it well. It was fine with me, because we wound up being best friends." Reed recalled a game at Atlanta in 1991 when Carter caught a touchdown pass with one hand over two defenders. From then on, he was never surprised by any of the grabs his buddy made. "Hed stand sideways, turn the Jugs machine to 55 miles per hour and catch the ball with one hand, standing 10 yards away," Reed said. "I wouldnt try that because Id break my fingers." Carter was rarely hurt. He played in every game in all but one of his 12 seasons with the Vikings. "Every minute that I stepped on that field from the time that I warmed up, I was trying to put on a show for those people," Carter said. "So they would be proud. I come from some humble beginnings, and I just believed that when people pay their money, hard-earned money, that they deserve a certain level of performance." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen