Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 29 mal aufgerufen
 Konzert-Tipps
dairamsauer Offline

02.07.2014 03:44
My journey as I wander through antworten

My journey as I wander through the world of Demaryius Thomas Women's Jersey languages

The amazing journey continues! After the preliminary introduction week (necessary vocabulary, what is art, etc.), a week with the art/music/history of El Dia de los Muertos, a week with Dali (see previous post), we moved into a week (+ a day) for Picasso. We started with a SMARTboard that I made (on my wikispace) and continued with a Picasso Lectura that I found here and usedPicasso lectura mis reacciones for their reactions and incorporation of vocabulary. I also had them do some preliminary exploration of the Spanish Civil War, usingLa Guerra Civil de Espaa and these websites: History Home, BBC Bitesize, and History Learning Site. Yes, all the sites are in English with the sheet mostly in Spanish. The point of this exploration was to gather information quickly, and personally, to be able to move into a study of Guernica. I also found this great powerpoint: La_Guerra_Civil_Espaola_Lesson_1 and used parts of it as a followup.

When studying Guernica, I used another SMARTboard presentation again, and resources about 10 symbols (a source that I can find anymore!) 10_SMBOLOS_en_El_Guernica _juego_en_blanco 2 and 10_SMBOLOS_en_El_Guernica _juego 1 Also, I used this great website for a puzzle that I copied and put on card stock . We watched several videos, but by far, this one is the favorite:

I done 2 mini oral assessments with each student. The first one allowed them to tell me anything about Picasso in one minute. The next day I did another minute assessment in which they could tell me anything about either Guernica or The Hallucinogenic Toreador. While I was doing these individual assessments, the students were working on their Picasso heads and their cartoon or super hero Cubist figures. In the Dali week, they had created surrealistic pictures based on elephants. The inspiration for that came from smART Class.

This short week (pre Thanksgiving), we will complete a formal performance based assessment using iPads and the Educreations program. Students will choose one Picasso, one Dali and one student created work to analyze. PBT and the file for the artwork that I have printed in color and posted in the classroom is located on my wiki.

My students are students, meaning that a few of the are artistically gifted, but most of them are not is some of their original art work.

I love teaching Spanish IV! Although I follow the framework of an outdated curriculum, I am able to add topics that really engage my students. While student interest in units on narcoviolencia, food from the Hispanic world, and identity may not surprise you, it may be surprising that students really get into Spanish art. Prior to this year, I have only taught one of the three sections of Spanish IV in my school. This year, I have all three sections and have been free to expand/incorporate units based on just the preferences of my students and me. In the past, we taught a 4 week unit on Spanish art, focusing on the development of art vocabulary (and related activities), comparatives and superlatives and a brief glance at Dali and Picasso with a bit more involved week on Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. I decided before school began that I was going to expand the art unit to 6 weeks, with a week devoted to developing vocabulary and interest, a week for the art/music/history and traditions of Dia de los Muertos, and a week each on Dali, Picasso, Rivera and Kahlo.

I will not say that all students were thrilled when I told them that we were going to study some Spanish art and artists in depth. They were not! Sure, the artistically inclined students were interested, but the bulk of them were not prepared to enjoy it as much as they have so far. I decided to write this post because so many of my students told me yesterday, week three in the art unit, day 4 of Dali, that they couldn stop thinking about him after class the videos, readings, paintings, and music that we were using did not stop when they left class. I had students telling me that they dreamed about the art, or a video we had watched, or the song by Mecano that we had studied. To me, this is amazing! Their level of involvement in class, their willingess to share their opinions and ideas, and their receptiveness is so rewarding! I am not going to claim that everything is happening in the target language. It is not. However, large sections of class discussion and activities are! Yesterday, as we took an in depth look at some Dali paintings (Geopolitical Child, The 3 Sphinxes, Swans Reflecting Elephants, Raphael Exploding Head, etc.), we definitely had to use a lot of English as they shared what they first saw, what they saw on the second look, what they thought Dali was trying to tell us, and what they thought the painting was titled. There is great interest going into day 5 (Monday) as they know we are going to look at one his most famous creations, The Hallucinogenic Toreador. They are eager eager continue with Picasso.

While I could use this blog to upload all the documents that I have used, instead I going to link to my wikispace, where the entire lesson in progress is a bit more detailed. If you scroll to the bottom of the page and move upward, you can see the daily progression of the unit. When items are listed under more than one day it means that we didn finish or get to the material the first time it was listed. While I have developed a lot of materials myself, I also have borrowed and adapted materials from many, many sources. Hopefully, all of them are credited; any missing citations are not intentional, and if brought to my attention, I will definitely fix.

Given the opportunity to 12 iPads this past week, I experimented with a program called Educreations. The results were pretty fantastic, and I can wait until I am able to have the iPads again!

My Spanish III students are approaching the end of a clothing unit, a pretty standard unit. In my district, students study the basic vocabulary in Spanish II, and then get a reinforcing unit in Spanish III. At the same time, I attempting to in some imperfect tense verbs for the first time without making a big deal out of it. Traditionally, the performance based assessment for this unit has been an impromptu conversation with partners based on a shopping expedition. Students have practiced with various partners prior to the actual assessment, and then receive the prompt, randomly, from ones that they have practiced, on the day of actual assessment. I was looking for a more relevant, authentic way to assess learning, and discovered Educreations, a FREE program! With Educreations all student work, once they have enrolled in your course via your private code, gets sent directly to your computer, making grading the projects relatively easy paper involved!

With the iPads, students are able to take pictures and upload them, draw pictures on the iPad or upload images from the internet. They also are able to write or type text on or around their pictures. The final step is recording their voices. This last step is mandatory, as the project can not be saved until the student has recorded. As far as technology projects go, this one went very smoothly. There were a few bumps in the road: background noise is always a problem when recording individuals in large classes (there were 26 29 students working in each class), but all of the recordings make the recording student very audible. The biggest problem was discovering that if they wanted to delete their recording on one page and re record, they could not change the order of the recordings on their pictures, meaning that the recording then did not match the appropriate page. And, of course, we could have benefited from more than 12 iPads (the number that my county had available to loan). Also, I would love to see an app for Educreations for Smart phones.

I allowed 2 days for this project: one day for the students to familiarize themselves with the features of Educreations, and to practice, and day two for the actual assessment. On the first day, students were directed to create a page using a picture they took, a page with an image from the internet, and a page that they drew. They wrote/typed on all pages and recorded on all pages. They were directed to include at least 4 articles of clothing on each page, 4 descriptors and they had to use verbs (present or past). I informally assessed their work based on the fact that they completed the majority of the assignment. On the second day, the day of formal assessment, I eliminated the internet image search because it just took too much time for some of them to find what they wanted. Instead, I had posted large color pictures of entire outfits (34 of them), many with celebrities (Big Papi, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Ray Rice, Luke Bryan, Romeo Santos, etc) around the room so that they could take that picture with their iPad. On the second day, they focused on taking two pictures (of themselves or the posted pictures) or one picture and one drawing. The parameters of at least 4 articles of clothing, 4 descriptors and verbs remained, with the recording on all pages shared by the students involved. I also gave them an example of what I expected.

I am not exaggerating when I say that all of my students were actively engaged in this project. There were no Most of them thoroughly enjoyed working on the project and have asked when they get to use the program again. The excitement and interest was real, and I wish that a supervisor had been officially observing!

Here are some examples of their work, Von Miller Youth Jerseyy with the good and the bad: good vocabulary, lack of noun/adjective agreement, some imperfect tense verbs!!!, and some mispronunciations:

We all have units about food, and I certainly blogged about ideas for the food units before. I tried something different this year with my Spanish III students thanks to a chance encounter with the Mexican Subway website! Details about pacing and what I did each day can be found on my wikispace elmundodebirch. I was able to incorporate listening, reading, writing and speaking (speaking activity developed by my wonderful colleague Megan Matthews)! Here you go:

Listening/Speaking: Subway Listening X 3

The first footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-demaryius-thomas-jersey-c-16.html video I couldn get to embed here, so this is the link:

Speaking: Listen to your partner as he describes three Subway sandwiches. On your paper, check off everything that he says! Subway listening with partners

As language teachers, we spend a lot of time trying to give our students ample opportunities to speak as well as to listen. We know that listening is the crucial skill that leads to language acquisition. Perhaps some of you have reached the point where listening activities in your textbooks just are not adequate, or they are boring, or they are not relevant and certainly not authentic. This post is to share some different types of listening activities that I have come to rely on. In no particular order:

1. Take any group of related vocabulary that you may be working with and create a document with a word bank and pictures. My example is something that my Spanish III students were working on toward the end of the year, a unit on bullfighting in Spain. La Corrida de toros There are many options, and I used just about all of them with this particular document. I retold all of our information about bullfighting, and as I did this, the paired students identified which picture I was talking about. When I was done, the paired students then identified the pictures, in random order, saying the vocabulary word that is listed in the word bank. The paired students can ask each other to indicate which picture goes with a specific word. Finally, the paired students can recreate all of the information that they know about bullfighting by using the words in the word bank and indicating the pictures.

2. Use any SHORT (no more than a minute or so) high interest video. My students are really into sports, and we were learning about all types of sports. I took a clip from ESPN called las mejores jugadas de la semana and created three different types of listening activities from it. Sometimes students worked individually, sometimes with a partner. Play the video at least once prior to working with it. I actually played it the day before I intended to do anything with it, and asked students to tell me what they knew from the video. The next day, with a partner, I asked them to focus on a very limited range of information: what country each ball player was from and to complete this chart: Individually, the next day, I played the clip again, and asked them to attempt to identify/answer 5 pieces of information. Again, the listening focus was very narrow, and they had now heard the clip at least three times.

Crdito Extra: Qu significa? Perfecto hasta la sptima www.footballbroncosprostore.com/broncos-von-miller-jersey-c-14.html entrada

Some sites with great short clips: BBC Mundo Noticias en 60 segundos ESPN Deportes Video Video y Fotos BBC Mundo

3. Use a song to introduce a unit. In this case, I was beginning a unit on sports, and decided to focus on this great song by Huecco.

The first day, the song was playing as the students entered the classroom. They immediately requested that I play it again after the bell had rung! The second day, we took a more focused look at it, as I asked them to attempt to complete this chart:

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen