Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 22 mal aufgerufen
 Konzert-Tipps
dairamsauyi Offline

28.06.2014 05:02
NFL suspends Seahawks antworten

NFL suspends Seahawks cornerback Walter Thurmond for violating subatance abuse policy

Getting ready to take the best record in the NFL into Monday night showdown against the Saints, Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks spent Tuesday dealing with the kinds of distractions they believed were over.

Instead, the Seahawks are adding to the list of player suspensions they faced since Carroll took over in 2010.

still trying to work through it. I say it again, I always found myself looking for guys that maybe other people don see something special in and we take a chance on a guy here or there that needs some extra consideration and care, Carroll said. sometimes guys they have issues and things pop up but I always been kind of hopeful and make guys find the best in them and bring it out. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn We certainly hang with our guys and take care of them. cornerback Walter Thurmond was officially suspended Tuesday by the NFL for the team next four games for violating the league substance abuse policy, leaving the Seahawks shorthanded going into Monday matchup against New Orleans.

Thurmond will be eligible to return to the active roster on Monday, Dec. 23, before the final game of the regular season, but his absence leaves a hole in a secondary that was previously missing starting cornerback Brandon Browner because of a groin injury. Thurmond took to Twitter and apologized on Sunday, writing, I made a mistake and I have to live with the consequences. I disappointed in myself for letting my teammates and family down. is the sixth Seattle player officially suspended for substance abuse or performance enhancing drugs violations by the league since 2011. That doesn include Richard Sherman, whose suspension was overturned on appeal late last season.

don know that we can expect to be perfect. We would like to be, but that isn the case, Carroll said. a big challenge for these guys to do right and we want them to do it and carry through and be there when we need them and count on them. It doesn always work that way. has started three games this season for Seattle, including the team last game against Minnesota when he had his first interception of the season and returned it 29 yards for a touchdown. Even when he wasn starting, Thurmond was a critical member of one of the NFL best secondary units as the fifth defensive back in passing situations.

Seattle moved quickly to fill Thurmond roster spot, signing veteran Perrish Cox, who worked out for the team recently after being released by San Francisco on Nov. 12.

Packers offensive lineman Josh Sitton didn mince words when he was asked about the Lions, Green Bay Thanksgiving Day opponent, during a radio interview in Milwaukee.

It started when Sitton was asked if he thought the Detroit defense would try and take out quarterback Aaron Rodgers if Rodgers were to suit up and play on Thursday. Rodgers isn expected to play.

They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time. That what they do, that who they are, Sitton said. a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. That just how they play. That how they coached. also had some choice words for coach Jim Schwartz, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, and defensive line coach Kris Kocurek.

starts with their frickin coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. I wouldn want to play for him. It starts with him and their D coordinator and their D line coach.

The constant questions about Colin Kaepernick and San Francisco sub par passing game are gone for now after his stellar performance in Monday night 27 6 victory at Washington a must win in Authentic Teddy Bridgewater Jersey the mind of the 49ers.

Kaepernick threw for 235 yards and three touchdowns without an interception to finish with a career best passer rating of 134.5 against the Redskins, while the 49ers moved to 11 0 with Kaepernick as the starter in games he posts a passer rating of 90.0 or better.

A passing game that has struggled at last seems in sync and there reason for further optimism for the receiving corps this week: Michael Crabtree was activated Tuesday from the physically unable to perform list with anticipation of him playing Sunday against St. Louis.

In Washington, embattled coach Mike Shanahan dismissed the idea of giving backup Kirk Cousins a start during the final weeks of the season, saying that Robert Griffin III needs as much game experience as possible. Griffin threw for only 127 yards and was sacked four times in Monday loss.

On Tuesday, 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks said Griffin shouldn be playing because his knee injury is limiting his mobility. don think he should be playing, Brooks said. can see it. Everybody can see it, everybody can see it. Redskins also said defensive end Stephen Bowen will miss the the season with a right knee injury. Bowen will have surgery next week for cartilage damage and a possible microfracture. If a microfracture is found, Bowen will need six months of recovery.

Eagles quarterback Nick Foles has been named Philadelphia starter for the rest of the season. Coach Chip Kelly made the announcement Tuesday as the team returned from its bye week and began preparations for the Cardinals on Sunday. will be our starter, Kelly said. hopefully we get Mike [Vick] back through a full week of practice and he be able to be the No. 2 guy. Foles, in his second season, replaced Vick, who re injured his hamstring in a loss to the Giants on Oct. 27. In five starts, Foles is 4 1, and overall he has thrown for 1,554 yards with 16 touchdowns and no interceptions. Last week during the team bye, Vick said in a radio interview that as well as Foles was playing, he couldn be taken out of the lineup . . . With starting quarterback Jason Campbell out with a concussion, the Browns signed Alex Tanney to back up Brandon Weeden, who is expected to start on Sunday against Jacksonville. Tanney, who had spent this season on Dallas practice squad, became a YouTube sensation with a video in which he throws a football over scoreboards, into a moving pickup truck, from 40 yards on his knees to hit a goal post crossbar, and into basketball hoops from long range.

The NFL upheld the one game suspension of Titans safety Michael Griffin as a repeat offender of the league rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players. Griffin was flagged for unnecessary roughness for a hit on Oakland tight end Mychal Rivera . . . Mark Sanchez plans on staying put. As unlikely as it may seem because of his hefty contract, the injured quarterback wants to return to the Jets. And, Sanchez joked, he could be back with a super powered arm. way things are coming along, it sounds like I be bionic, Sanchez said. Sanchez tore the labrum in his right shoulder in the preseason and had surgery early last month . . . Giants starting center Jim Cordle season is done after the team placed him on injured reserve with a patella tendon injury sustained in Sunday loss to the Dallas . . . Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco hates his team use of the wildcat formation, and he let everyone know just how much. Asked about coach John Harbaugh decision to employ backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor in the wildcat Sunday in an effort to enhance the team running attack against the Jets, he said, don like that stuff. I think it makes you look like a high school offense. That just my opinion. Taylor took five snaps running four times and throwing an incomplete pass in addition to lining up as a receiver on seven other plays.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen