Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 DVD
dengdai Offline

24.05.2014 04:32
He is in the semis antworten

MIRABEL, Que. NHL Jerseys China . -- Michelle Wie is defending champion and Lorie Kane is still this countrys best hope, but the favourite heading into the CN Canadian Womens Open has to be LPGA Tour leader Yani Tseng. Catch First Round coverage on TSN, today at at 3pm et/Noon pt. The 22-year-old from Taiwan has dominated this year with four victories, including wins in three of the last six events. "World No. 1 has been my goal since I was 12," the worlds top-ranked player said Wednesday. "To become No. 1 is very exciting, and I wasnt getting used to it after that. "Ive got more people who pay attention to me and more interviews and more pressure, too." Tseng tops the LPGA money list with US$1,799,335 and ranks first in scoring average (69.63), greens in regulation (.748), rounds under par (.681), top-10 finishes (nine in 14 tournaments), average driving distance (269.3 yards) and birdies (220). She has 229 Rolex player-of-the-year points. Second-place Suzann Pettersen has 96. But the Canadian Open, a $2.25-million tournament that gets underway today at Hillsdale Golf Club, is a tournament shes never won. Tseng tied for sixth in Edmonton in 2007 and placed third after a case of nerves saw her blow the lead with a closing 77 in Ottawa in 2008. She dropped to 33rd the following year at Priddis Green in Calgary and missed the cut last year at St. Charles in Winnipeg, where Wie went wire-to-wire for a three-stroke win. The stocky Tseng, who lives in a Florida house once owned by former great Annika Sorenstam, played on the CN Canadian womens tour in 2007 and made her LPGA debut that year at the Canadian Open. "I was so nervous because I didnt know anything about the LPGA or anything about the field and playing the best players in the world," she said. "But I learned a lot. I made double on the last hole. I lost a lot of money. Thats the first time I go Wow, one shot makes a lot of difference on the LPGA Tour." She put her 13th place finish last week down to jet lag after returning to North America from Taiwan. It was thought that 21-year-old Wie would be the one dominating womens golf by now, but the Canadian Open was only her second win in three years on tour. Tseng has already won five majors, including this years LPGA Championship and Womens British Open, which she won a second time in a row. "It is very motivating to see someone like Yani get really good over the last year and half," said Wie, who will focus only on golf after she graduates in communications from Stanford University in March. "Its kind of something I want to see about myself. "I want someone to say next year how good Ive become." With 19 of the worlds top 20 entered in a tournament that lost its status as a major in 2000 but still has major prize money, there are plenty of contenders. They include Cristie Kerr, the 2006 winner in London, Ont., who is second to Tseng on the money list, and Pettersen, third in winnings and the 2009 champion Priddis Green. Pettersen is coming off a win last week at the Safeway Classic. In the last four Canadian Opens, she has finished tied for 10th, seventh, first and third. A dark horse could be Australias Katherine Hull, who is 47th on the money list and has only one top-10 finish this year but has done well before in Canada. Hull was second to Meena Lee in 2005, then won the 2008 tournament. She lost the 2010 British Open by one stroke to Tseng. And there is Kane, who closed 68-67 last year to finish tied for 11th after two rough opening rounds. The Charlottetown native has made the cut in seven of eight tournaments this year, with her best showing a tie for 23rd, but theres extra motivation playing in her home country. "Id be lying if I told you that I wasnt thinking that I would very much like to win, because thats why Im here," said 46-year-old Kane, the last Canadian to win an LPGA tournament, back in 2001. "To hoist the CN Canadian Womens trophy would be fantastic." It has not been won by a Canadian since Jocelyne Bourassa took the inaugural tournament, then called La Canadienne, in 1973 at Montreal Municipal. Since then, the closest were third-place finishes by Dawn Coe-Jones of Lake Cowichan, B.C. in 1993 and Kane in 2001. Kane and Coe-Jones tied for fifth in 2004. Still, Kane feels the Canadian tournament should not have lost its major status (in favour of the British) when Du Maurier was forced to pull out as sponsor in 2001. "Youve got the strongest field of the year on a great golf course with a big purse and a sponsor who loves womens golf and, more importantly, a sponsor who is dedicated to leaving something behind, and thats the Miracle Match (charity)," Kane said. "This year we have two hospitals that are going to benefit greatly from that. So is it a major? Sure it is." The 6,604-yard Hillsdale course features tricky, sloping greens. Placement of the ball off the tee to set up the approach shot will be paramount. "You need to make sure youre on the right part of the fairway," said Alena Sharp of Hamilton. "Theres a couple of doglegs where the trees block you. "And the greens are very large, so hitting the green isnt always going to guarantee you a birdie. You want to get on the right quadrant on the green." Cheap NHL Jerseys . -- Chris Getz didnt have to wait long to redeem himself. Wholesale Jerseys . - Daniel Walcott scored 1:40 into overtime as the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada edged the visiting Quebec Remparts 3-2 on Sunday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- While top-seeded Novak Djokovic had a rest day when opponent Mikhail Youzhny became ill and withdrew from their quarterfinal on Thursday, Roger Federer had to play his way into their semifinal date at the Dubai Championships. The fourth-seeded Federer, who has won this title five times, won his 40th match at the Dubai Championships with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic. Federer made a slow start, falling behind 2-0 but quickly rebounded by winning the next six games. In the second set, Federer broke serve in the third and fifth games. "When you play someone for the first time, you never quite know what his best level is or his normal level is," Federer said. "Thats why you kind of keep pushing on, and thats also why I guess the score came out the way it did, because I never let go." Federer holds a slim 16-15 winning record over Djokovic. The Serbian, however, has beaten Federer in their last three matches, and nine of their last 12 meetings. "He is in the semis, hes already played two matches, hes been here long enough for preparing, and hes fit enough for anything anyway," Federer said of Djokovic having a quarterfinal walkover. "Every match you can get away from is a good one. "For me, it was important also probably not to be out there for three hhours. Cheap Jerseys. Then it would have been a disadvantage. But I think were back on even terms for tomorrow." The other semifinal will feature third-seeded Tomas Berdych against seventh-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany. Playing in his fourth quarterfinal of the season, Kohlschreibers 6-2, 6-3 win over Tunisian wild card Malik Jazirivictory was his 300th match-win on the ATP Tour. Berdych holds a 7-1 winning record over Kohlschreiber. "The record is one thing, but then always the match is going to start from zero," Berdych said. "I have seen Philipp play here and hes playing really well. "Hes playing very aggressive, very confident, too." Berdych, who was a finalist last year, fought past fifth-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-3. Berdych was on a 10-match winning streak, which includes his win at the Rotterdam tournament two weeks ago. The first set stayed on serve until Tsonga dropped his at love in the 10th game. The second set was even more tightly contested. In the fifth game, Berdych faced four break points but held on. Tsonga surrendered his serve in the eighth game when he double-faulted on break point. "It was very close," Berdych said. "I faced many break points which was very tough, but that was really the key of todays game, that I managed to save them." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen