Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 10 mal aufgerufen
 Konzert-Tipps
daijordanssq Offline

01.04.2014 03:04
have a Currier Ives antworten

I have a Currier Ives Print American Homestead Summer The

I have a Currier Ives Print"American Homestead Summer"The print itself measures approximately 10 3/4 " (top to bottom) x 13 3/4" (left to right), and print including frame measures approximately 15 3/4 " (top to bottom) x 18 3/4" (left to right). for the southern District of New York,XXXXX, New York. The print itself is in wonderful condition. The 3/4" off white border has some minor staining. My print does not. I would like to know if it sn original print or if you think it is a lithograph. I would like to know your estimate of the value. The print itself measures approximately 10 3/4 " (top to bottom) x 13 3/4" (left to right), and print including frame measures approximately www.officialbruinsprostore.com/Authentic-Terry-Oreilly-Jersey 15 3/4 " (top to bottom) x 18 3/4" (left to right). for the southern District of New York,XXXXX, New York. The print itself is in wonderful condition. The 3/4" off white border has some minor staining. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you will receive a refund through PayPal. (You just pay the return postage/shipping.) Thank you.

This series is one of Currier and Ives best 50 sets. Your print was one of four in a set of "American Homestead" scenes in small folio size. (they did large folio too of these) The complete set sells at fine print shops between 3800.00 4500.00 in small folio size today. depending on the condition, presentation or frame and venue.

The mark certainly Authentic Terry O'Reilly Jersey sounds correct as well as the date for the set. All Currier and Ives were lithographic prints from their beginning in the 1830's under Currier to 1907 when the sons closed their doors. They were also hand colored until the last few years when their sons did a few color lithographs also called chromolithographs as inexpensive parlor art but it did not go over well with the public. This is telling to the collector though as none of the American Homestead prints were anything but hand colored so hopefully you can see that in your example the watercolor/gouache vary a bit more than a print color and it strays sometimes from the lines.

These were heavily reproduced in the 1950's and the printing Authentic Zdeno Chara Jersey is very different than the earlier one, as well as, the coloration but I dont suspect this is a repro as they seemed to reproduce the larger folio size but the images will tell us.

Photobucket is best to share a few images instead of one and I can zoom in and out.

Here are some www.officialbruinsprostore.com/Authentic-Zdeno-Chara-Jersey simple directions

Upload your image to the free photo sharing site photobucket and create an album. Return here and give me your non email user name and password XXXXX I can easily go to your album. PS User names must not be email passwords but a word or numbers as JA will not allow emails to be seen in these text boxes. I have the image now. It is very hard to see the detail but from first glance I knew this was a copy reprint, or something else. The coloration is completely off, the detail, the whole fell of the work is not the original quality of Currier and Ives. See here (the image is not as large as my inside look at the database but at least this one has an image if you can get the link to work. )

The sky the color of the browns, the whole finished print unfortunately is not Currier and Ives. They did sell blanks back in the day but this feels like a mid 20th century reproduction. I am sorry.

The small folios above sold for 474.00 and 633.00 so I know this maybe disappointing. The frame too is 20th century as you well know and if this came together is another clue.

PS Please remember to press accept as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.

Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help.

I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion.

zA »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen